Friday, May 17, 2013

Rikers High

I'm reading a book called "Rikers High", written by Paul Volponi. Its about a kid that was sent to jail for something he think he didn't do. He have to go to court to clear his name, so he can be a "free-man". He feels the pressure and the domain of what is jail is like, but even though he goes to jail. He still have to go to high school. He says that they are many Co's that watches everybody every move.

From my perspective, jail now to the jail in this book is similar I think because you still get that same feeling when you go to jail, like that nervous feeling that your not safe even though they are people watching you. Also, you still have to go to the court to see if you really are guilty. The difference I think is that I never knew about the Co, or the ability to still go to school even though you are being accuse as being a criminal.

I feel that jail in this book and jail in the real world is that you don't get many chances to be free and still go to school. Jail is a place that would traumatize your mind and how you can feel about curtain things. Jail is the last place to go to. Pual Volponi is trying to tell readers the life in a juvenile facility and send a message not to do the wrong things and things happens when you are accuse for something you never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment