I'm reading a book for my philosophy group and its called Animal Farm by George Orwell. The book was suppose to reflect on the Russian revolution. So far, its about a farm animals feeling like they are being taken over by males. So the animal start to rebel against the farmer. The animals starting attacking him, forcing him to run out the farm house. After that the farm animals expected that the farmer would get his troops to fight them. At the meanwhile they made a plan to counterattack the farmer.
So far, I wonder, how can they develope equality, if the pigs are kinda manipulating the other farm animals because they are the smartest farm animal there. Because they are more than one pig to be a leader, would it create conflicts with each other, trying to get the most power to get what theu want? In my opinion, later in the book, the other farm animals will rebel on the pigs because they picture equality as being fair to what the work is to survive but really equality is a everybody get equal rights and freedom.
Overall about the book is very interesting about the question, what is equality? This can open many different doors to where the story can go.
Interesting post, dear Nick. I found two things quite fascinating about your post. The first is that I wonder why you think that the animals felt taken over by males. I did not catch this while reading, and had not yet thought about gender role. I also feel the same way about how you describe the pigs as manipulative. They are the smartest animals on the farm. Without them, the others would be lost. I wonder how you saw them as manipulative. I think that you could expand a little more on these ideas because they are quite interesting and significant to the book.Splendid job!
ReplyDeleteTiv